Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Unwelcome Visitor



One day, I looked up as I was fixing my hair and a very small spider dropped down right in front of me on his web. My first instinct was a sharp inhale of surprise. That was the wrong thing to do.

Upon my intake of breath, the spider was pulled in close to me and somehow, in the course of that one breath, the spider found himself inside my nose! I'm sure this was as terrifying to him as it was to me because he immediately began to scurry as fast as he could which, as you might imagine, sent me into a tizzy!

I just happened to have tissue nearby and I crammed it up my nose as fast as possible in the hopes of squishing my unwelcome nostril visitor. It worked. I pulled the tissue out and surveyed the mangled spider and breathed a sigh of thankfulness that the invader had been neutralized! Blech! I felt a fleeting momentary sadness over the poor little spider's fate and then, it was over and I moved on with my day, only shuddering every once in a while. ;o) I mean, I'm sorry, but it was my nose and I wasn't gonna share it with someone who would cause a ridiculous amount of sneezing throughout the day! Hmph.

Do you know what God spoke to me through that one little story? I'm just gonna warn you, it's weird! But then again, you already are prepared for weirdness through my little stories aren't you? Wait! Don't answer that! ;o)

God's anger is like that fleeting sadness I felt over the poor little spider. It only lasts for a moment and then He moves on. Why don't I? See, I just happened to be beating myself up about something dumb I did a while back. I had confessed it and been forgiven, but I was just absolutely positive that God was still a bit miffed with me about it and He used this memory of a spider and my momentary sad thought to illustrate the time His anger lasts. See! I told you it was weird! ;o)

Am I the only one who finds herself recounting past blunders and beating myself about the head and shoulders? Am I the only one who thinks God surely is not gonna forgive this thing, again! Am I the only one who thinks God is constantly annoyed and irritated with me because of something ridiculous I did.... years ago? Am I the only one? Seriously?

"For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning. " - Psalm 30:5 

1 comment: