Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Am I Really Doing This???

Wow, I cannot believe I'm actually beginning a blog. Hopefully, this will not bomb on me. :) My children are taking turns sitting behind me with questions like, "Momma, what on earth are you doing?" "YOU'RE doing a blog?" (with that incredulous tone of voice my children so often use when they speak to their momma...)

So, here I am, in all my recently-washed-and-drying-very-oddly hair and fresh-from-the-drawer t-shirt glory writing a blog. Hmmm, what should I say? I guess I should start with why. Basically, I need some accountability in my life. Now, I know this might seem a bit strange, but stay with me for a moment. No! Stop! Don't click away yet! Something profound is coming, I can feel it!

Wait for it... wait for it... 

Okay, I give!  This is maybe not profound, but I do have a point to make, is that good enough? ;0) Knowing that I will (hopefully) have someone reading my posts about my daily devotionals, escapades with my children and just life in general will do the following:
  • Help me stay on top of my devotionals instead of them piling up along with a good dose of guilt to top the stacks.
  • Cherish and save the memories of the escapades with my children because they grow up way too fast.
  • Lastly, I hope that this will help me develop an appreciation for life in general instead of allowing life to be mundane.
Wow, did I really say all that to say that I just need help? Yes... I suppose... in an independent sort of way... thoughtful pause  Okay, let's be real, it's a little bit sad, but well, we all have those times, don't we? Someone PLEASE say yes!

Hope you come along for the ride with me, I promise we'll have loads of fun together or at least you can have a good healthy giggle at me and that will be fun!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! You are a talented writer & I love your humor. I'm putting this on my "favorites" & will be checking it often! :-) (One day, eventually, I will start a blog...seems like so much fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff! Your encouragement means so much! :)

    ReplyDelete