Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Confessions of a Puzzle Maker

Here's another in my confession series for you... ;o) I am not a very fun individual. Sigh, yes, I promise, I'm telling you the truth.

I do not "play" very well. I do not like board games. I do not enjoy movies. I am not a fan of outdoor events. I detest amusement parks of any kind. I do not enjoy activities that do not involve work of some kind. Is this a bit odd? Yes, it probably is, but well, what can I say? Odd is often my middle name. ;o)
 All of these things have caused grief for me as most normal folk enjoy at least one of the above activities and well, I just don't. I'm sorry. :o( I try to not be a downer for others who enjoy these events and mostly have just opted out over the years here and there when they came up.

However, once I became a mother, "opting out" was no longer an option. My girls expect their mother to take notice and take part in their activities and I've had to "get over it" when something would come up that wasn't my most favorite part of life. An example you say? Of course! ;o)

Doing a puzzle. I cannot stand to work a puzzle. Nothing frustrates me more than having one stinkin' area of a puzzle incomplete and I cannot find the piece I need. I don't want to go on to another area, I want to fix the one I'm in!!! Hmph. If I can't fix it, I desperately want to walk away and be finished. As you might imagine though, that wouldn't go over too well with my children. ;o) Now, as I'm sure you've guessed, the Lord used my puzzle-making to talk to me. ;o)

 
I cannot stand for one area of my life to be 'incomplete' if you will. I want all the pieces to come together and make sense, immediately. I don't want to move on to another area. I want to fix the one I'm in! Here's an interesting thought though.... what if the area I move on to provides a new point of reference for the area I'm struggling in?

If I'm struggling in an area and no answers (or puzzle pieces ;o)) will come, what if I simply focus on something completely different? If I'm struggling in my relationship with someone and I don't have a clue which way to act because I'm terrified of doing the wrong thing...mmm... ouch, how about I simply shift my attention to praying for that person instead of constantly trying to relate to them? Now, am I saying ignore the problem? Yup, I am! Muwahahahaha! Are you confused now? Cool beans, misery loves company! Okay, seriously.... ahem...

Here's the deal, ignoring the problem, not the person for a bit might be the best medicine for the situation. Sometimes our constant focus on a relationship and it's issues is truly what the problem is.

 
  • Maybe the other person just wants to be left alone for a little while and have their space.
  • Maybe if I try to just be kind when they are around and not make every encounter into a counseling session...
  • Maybe if I try to just have fun with them by putting together a puzzle.... ;o)
  • Maybe if I just relax
Maybe, just maybe, the answers will come out of the other area I'm focusing on?
  • Maybe a new light bulb will go off in my head about why I struggle so much in this relationship?
  • Maybe I'll realize some sin I need to get straight between me and God.
  • Maybe I'll understand the problems are on the inside of me and have nothing to do with this other person...mmm...ouch
Possible? Puzzle-making to solve a relationship issue? Who knew? ;o) Sometimes, we just need a little fun. ;o)


"Regarding life together and getting along with each other, you don't need me to tell you what to do. You're God-taught in these matters. Just love one another!"  
- 1 Thessalonians 4:9a


Oh! And here's a pic to prove I did do the whole puzzle! AND I did more than one! ;o)



No comments:

Post a Comment