Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Simple... Yet Profound

Jesus, Jesus, Lord to me.
Master, Savior, Prince of Peace.
Ruler of my heart today.
Jesus, Lord to me.

This is the simplest of choruses, yet the most profound of messages. I find myself singing this song all the time. With all the changes in our world today, the message of this song remains a very constant truth. He's always Lord. He never changes. He never fails.

Can I confess again? :D I'm in the midst of the most intimidating season of my life I've ever faced. Now, I don't feel its the Lord's purpose for me to give details, but I have got to say I'm nervous and freaked out about where the Lord has me right now. I have never felt more under qualified and incompetent as I have in recent weeks. How's that for true confessions? ;o)

But can I say one more thing? Of course I can, darlin', it was rhetorical. ;o) God is good. In the midst of changing times, places and seasons, God remains good. Even when His plans include some bumps and bruises, God is good. Even when I'm afraid and I feel so hopelessly unprepared for what's ahead, God is good.

I serve a God who has called me for His intents and purposes and will qualify me to fulfill that calling in His timing and as He sees fit. He's my Lord, my Savior, my Prince of Peace. He's got this! I just gotta trust Him.... Oh! And I gotta remember to sing! :D

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" - Romans 8:28-31

1 comment:

  1. I needed this today. What a blessing your blog is to me Nell. Much love!! -Courtney

    ReplyDelete