Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Morning



I love the morning. Most of my good friends think I'm just slightly insane because of how early I enjoy the morning., but I can't help it! I love it! :o) I must be honest...I look forward to the early morning because of the quiet. Quiet doesn't happen very often in my house and there are different types of quiet... :o)
Afternoon quiet in my house often means my children are out having fun, which always gives me cause to worry a little here and there, mostly about coats in the cold, water bottles in the heat and respecting of elders.
Evening quiet often means my children are bathed, fed and recently tucked into bed which usually finds me sitting on the couch, glassy eyed and fielding requests for water or bandaids for imaginary owies. 
Late night quiet in my house often means my husband is away working hard and I'm waiting trying to stay awake! :o)

Early morning quiet... ahhhh.... early morning quiet means my family is in a wonderful place - asleep and content. I am a very productive person first thing in the morning with those precious moments of quiet. I get so much accomplished and I'm much more focused than in the other quiet times of the day. The laundry is done in a snap! The house is clean in the twinkling of an eye! Plus, I get to write in my journal and have some time on the computer with my coffee cup all by myself! It's great!!! :o)

My early mornings are jealously guarded, but also for reasons other than productivity. ;o)

 I must remember to look toward the early morning quiet because of a certain Person I meet early in the morning. I must wait for Him to start my day. Even though crossing items off my 'to do' list is tugging at my sleeve, I must put those things aside and make time to surrender my heart to my Lord. I must have my meeting with Him. If I don't.... well, let's just say productive is not the adjective you would use to describe me! ;o)  

Now, if you're reading this late at night, don't misunderstand me... the day isn't over yet... ;o)  Have you had your meeting today?
I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Psalm 130:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment