Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Save Energeeee!



Wastefulness. There is nothing on God's green earth that irritates my husband more, with the one exception of a lack of integrity. Wastefulness is a bad, bad word in our home and I feel very sorry for you if you are on the wrong end of my husband catching you being wasteful. Mmmm, I feel very sorry for you if that's you, but I will be leaving the room post haste and do not expect to get any assistance from me because... well, because I know what side my bread is buttered on and I will be making certain I am not wasting anywhere in the near vicinity when my husband goes on a wastefulness rampage! ;0)

 Now, unfortunately, I must confess our children are particularly wasteful when it comes to electricity, and my poor hubby quite literally pays the price with our electric bill every month.  My older ones just plain forget to conserve and they are kind of used to Momma coming and turning things off behind them and they don't have to worry about it. Oops, I just told on myself. My youngest is really bad about lights because she is easily scared and a dark room is a doozy for her right now, so again, Momma lets her slide and just goes behind her and turns off the lights she leaves on. Snicklefritz! I did it again!

So, often in our home, there is a trail of lights left on and if they still happen to be on when my husband walks through, we all get an earful about "wastin' stuff" and "shut off the lights when you leave a room!"

Today, I noticed something interesting. My hubby's constant reminders have finally sunk in with my younger two and all day today, they would periodically run through the house yelling, "Save energeeeee!", shutting off lights as they went. My husband would be so proud. I'm not sure if I'm happy about it or not? I mean, I'm glad they are being more careful about electricity and not being wasteful, but honestly, who can be too happy about children running through the house, yelling like superheroes as they go? It's fine for a short minute to appreciate the "music to my ears" that my children are, but when it goes on all day long, I assure you, it can begin to wear on you.
Now, what on earth does this have to do with my spiritual heart? Glad you asked! ;0)

The kingdom of God has no electricity bill. We are supposed to leave our lights on all the time. Bottom line? When our lights go out, God isn't glorified. Yes, short, sweet and to the point, but you can't get away from the truth of this concept. Leave a light on, darlin', He'll be comin... home.

“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.  No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house." - Matthew 5:14-15

1 comment:

  1. haha its funny how i can imagine exactly how they soun111ded as you said they did :] love and miss yall -jordan fitchie

    ReplyDelete