Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ladybug & The New Couch

We got a new couch not too long ago. My dog, Ladybug, wasn't happy. :( It took away the perch she claimed for more than a few years and it got her into a little bit of trouble when Daddy decided she couldn't be on the couch anymore and had to spend her time on the floor. Daddy felt a little guilty I think, because I came home the other day to a doggy couch, complete with a couch pillow and raised arms for her to prop her little head on. He's such a softy... ;0)

Still though, my dog just does not like not being able to be next to me on the couch. She sits across the room from me, looking at me with soulful eyes just begging to jump up. She doesn't dare try it when Daddy's in the room because she knows how it will end, gulp.

However, it doesn't keep her from hopping up there when no one is home and I know it as soon as I walk in the front door. Normally, when I walk in the door, she jumps around twirling and dancing to the back door as she knows it will be opened post haste for her to relieve herself. She's happy as a lark! However, when she's been sitting on the new couch, as soon as she sees me, she skulks around with her belly on the floor and her tail at a slight wag looking up at me like, "Momma, it was only for a sec, I promise!" My girls get a good healthy giggle out of it every time and always say, "Ladybug! You're a terrible liar! Why do you always tell on yourself?"

Sigh. I suppose in this way I'm a terrible liar too. Those who know me well know I'm horrible about telling on myself whenever I do something foolish or inappropriate. Just like my Ladybug! ;o) Sometimes I feel like King David did whenever he wrote these words in Psalms...

"For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me."


Psalm 51:3

My sins sit right in front of my face and remind me of how badly I've blown it on quite a regular basis. Anybody else? Well, I have some encouraging news for you today... ;o) A few years ago, I came across a song called What Sin? by Morgan Cryer. This excerpt is my favorite part...
Lord please deliver me / From my accusing memory 
 Nothing makes me weak this way / Than when I hear You say 
 What sin? What sin?  / Well, that's as far away as the east is from the west.
What sin? / What sin? / It was gone the very minute you confessed 
 Buried in the sea of forgetfulness.
These words are such a true reminder of where Scripture says my sins really are supposed to be. Not in my face or tattling on me! ;o) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment