Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hit "Send"!



What is it about seeing someone else extremely angry and frustrated that makes me want to giggle? I mean, really, really giggle, like inappropriately so... And why is it that it makes the other person even more angry, especially when it's my husband?. ;0)-

I recently watched my husband try his hand at fixing our washer and dryer and well, let me just say, there were more than a few moments of frustration on his part and more than a few moments of sincere effort at NOT giggling on my part. To the point of tears, y'all... lots of tears... ;0) My husband doesn't feel quite the same way about giggles as I do. ;0)

I was supposed to be doing the very important job of holding the little white pipe-looking  thing-y on which he was trying to affix some large black rubber thing-y with this clamp-looking thing-y on the end. The problem was the clamp thing-y was WAY too strong to be pulled back and tightened by the human hand. So, a pair of pliers seemed to be the way to go except our pliers were old and they kept slipping off the clamp which caused my husband's hand to get pinched in between washing machine inner parts and you can imagine the rest, hmmm? Thus, the reason for my giggling... and his angry looks... and my giggling... and his struggle with desperately wanting to send me into the house, but he desperately needed other hands besides his. :) I mentioned several times that he should text knowledgeable-about-this-kind-of-thing neighbor to come over and help, but he didn't want to bother the poor guy as he'd just come home from work after his own long day in the heat. So, I made an appropriate excuse to go into the house to get him a large glass of water and I barely made it in the door before the giggles took hold of me. I managed to get him water, get myself together and head back outside. The problem? I didn't do a very good job removing the expression of laughter from my face. Oopsie. :) He took one look at my face and said, "It's not funny, Nell!" Well, that sent me into another tizzy of giggles. He then sent me into the house and said he'd finish himself.

So, I stood just inside the door contemplating whether or not I could exercise a bit more self-control and as my hubby was sweating, beginning to bleed, and trying very hard to not say something un-Christlike, the doorbell rang. Whew! Praise the Lord, it was the afore-mentioned neighbor who came when he was texted for help and within minutes, my washer was back in my laundry room, good as new! ;0) Yay! My hubby hit the "send" button!

I've wondered if the Lord wants to giggle at me sometimes? Now, don't misunderstand me, we don't serve a God who mocks or is mocked, but I do wonder if he finds my frustration amusing at times. He's sitting right there, with His cell phone out - so to speak- ready to receive my text, but I don't hit "send" because I want to fix it myself and not bother Him (like He doesn't already know what's going on... really?) He's ready and waiting to meet my need... I just have to ask, um, I mean, hit "send". ;0) 

"In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." - John 16:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment