Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Spilt Milk

This post is a different one of sorts. I love devotionals. I love reading them. I love writing them. I love the start to my quiet times in the morning that a light-hearted devotional gives. So, I was thinking that some of you folks who read this blog and have said you enjoy the start a devotional gives to your day might enjoy hearing about a devotional book I've found that I absolutely love! 



It's called Spilt Milk by Linda Vujnov. I don't know that I've ever enjoyed a devotional book more than this one. Her stories are the perfect package of humor and sentiment coupled with the "realness" of being a mom.  I tried to think of a way to describe her book and this is how I'd say it...

She takes the bow of perfection people often refer to as motherhood - you know, the kind of bow we watched Martha Stewart make on the Oprah Winfrey Show at Christmas-time that no one could ever duplicate?  Well, maybe I was the only one who couldn't duplicate it... ;o)
She unties that impossible bow with stories of the beautiful reality of motherhood. She then takes those ribbons of mischief, love and exasperation and ties them together with the word of God into the most beautiful, yet simple tie that can grace all of us mommas with the honor that being a mother truly is.

Her book has been a tremendous blessing to me and I couldn't recommend it more! Hope you enjoy it too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment