Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Whispers & Tears



"Nell?" she whispered... Slight movement from the covered figure...

"Nell?" she whispered a little more loudly....Lifting up of the head from the pillow and a START of fright from said covered figure...

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." she said with a contrite look on her face.

"No, that's okay, sweetie, I wasn't all the way asleep, what's up, are you okay?" said the rumpled, slightly incoherent woman starting to come around and have the mother-concern of a child about to vomit...

"Yeah, I'm good, I just didn't get to give you a hug or tell you 'I love you' before you went to bed." she said with a small smile on her face...

"Oh, I'm sorry, honey." said the rueful, now fully coherent woman feeling badly for her inconsideration.

She just wanted to give me a hug and say "I love you"... (tear, sniff) 

Now, was I really expected to go right back to sleep after that? Really, people.... sigh. As I laid back down after hugs were given and kind words of love were exchanged, I shed a few tears of joy and perhaps healing, I think, at what a blessing my girls are to me in my life. Before I had children, I thought often of what I would be like as a momma. (ahem, snort) Let's just say, I'm really glad I didn't follow through on those thoughts. ;0) I can honestly say, I never considered my quiver would be as full of girls as it is and I'm so very glad I was wrong on that count. The healing, the growth, the love that being a momma and step momma has brought to me has been something I never even considered, never even dreamed would be a result. Isn't that just like the Lord? He gives us things we desire or think we desire and then, what we desire ends up being so much beyond what we thought it was gonna be. Wow, Lord, You're amazing...:)

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. "- Ephesians 3:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment